© 2005 - 2018 by STCGSERVIES.COM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesapeake College now offering the Basic Rider Course
Chesapeake College, located in Wye Mills Maryland, off of Md Rt. 50, is now offering the 17-hour Basic Rider Course.  For anyone wanting a good course to help get your license, this is the course to take.  If you complete both the written and riding class work and pass, you automatically get your Motorcycle license.  The college gives you a certificate, you take it to the DMV, and they give you your license.  You dont have to take that compact course that the DMV has in order to get your license.  Plus this class offers lots of great tips and techniques to help you gain confidence to ride safely and have fun!

For more information, please contact Lois Thomas at 410-827-5824

Click here to visit the official college website:
http://www.chesapeake.edu/continuing_ed/motorcycle.asp

[Image: MotorcycleSafetyTraining.jpg]
Pimpin' Aint EZ
very nice, there is an alternative to worwic now.  people dont have to drive as far
although the prices are 20-25% higher
03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up
I was at a ABATE meeting where they were talking about this.  They said the prices for Chesapeake are lower than Worwic, plus Worwic has added some extra cost for residents!  Something about budgets and the local county taxes...
(03-15-2011, 01:57 PM)Winslow link Wrote: I was at a ABATE meeting where they were talking about this.  They said the prices for Chesapeake are lower than Worwic, plus Worwic has added some extra cost for residents!  Something about budgets and the local county taxes...

ummmmm
http://www.worwic.edu/Academics/Continui...Rider.aspx

Tuition: Wic $204, Wor/Som $186, Fee: $78. Other Maryland counties add $10 per course to the Wor/Som tuition. States other than Maryland add $15 per course to the Wor/Som tuition.

so thats 282, 264, or 274

03 Volusia
Cobra Streetrod Slashdown Exhaust (minus top tip), jet kit, light bar, highway bar, Switchblade 2-up
*LOL*  Im completely confused...  I didnt do any actual math, my statement was based on what was said at the ABATE meeting.  They did convey that the issue is not as simple as a cut and dry price list, your residency and some other factors have bearing on it.  From what you are saying, the difference is less than $20 any way you slice it.  Since you get your paper for DMV out of the deal, (at least thats what they said at the meeting), I would think availability would be the bigger issue

One thing I have heard quite often is that there is a shortage of slots available for these classes.  I think ANYONE starting out on a bike should definately get training from a certified instructor.

The bottom line?

More classes = more slots available for people to get trained = better educated riders = less accidents.  Thats math Im certain of and support 100%.

Steve
i totally agree, the class is great, i took it at worwic last year, thats why i knew the price Smile

i was thinking of taking the advanced course this year or next year, just because

that and the more training i get hte better the wife feels, and we all know you gotta keep her happy
03 Volusia
For you folks in Delaware, the cost of the class for a Delaware resident is still only $50.00 . $200.00 if your from out of state. I am not sure if MD. will accept the Delaware completion card for the waiver however.  At $50.00, our program is losing money, however the state has agreed to continue to subsidise the loss and at least for this year not increase the tuition. We are seeing an increase in registrations this year compared to last. I believe more and more people are looking at riding a motorcycle as a way to save money, given the high cost of gasoline. Here is a link to our BRC web site where current information is available on classes and opening.

http://www.dmv.DE.gov/mctraining.ejs?com...location=5

Unfortunately, there are some states across the country, because of budget issues that are either closing the program altogether or turning it over to commercial for profit schools, I hate to imagine what the cost of the classes will be in those cases. Running these program is an expensive proposition, Delaware's program by comparison to many is small potato's, even so, the cost of purchasing and maintaining over 100 motorcycles, helmets, and other equipment needed, along with insurance and the personell costs to offer these classes runs into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Small price to pay, I think if the training even saves one life, but you know how the budget folks may not see the big picture, just a line item on a budget that could be cut and no one important would complain.
Rider Coach/Motorcycle Safety Instructor
Agreed Axe!  $50 is certainly a bargain!  Seems like MD is taking the pricatization route, but at least they do offer a class.  A friend of mine is VERY interested in your classes and will probably be giving you all a call shortly!
You got my number? If not send me an email to Axiom2000@aol.com  I can give it to you to pass along.

Rider Coach/Motorcycle Safety Instructor