© 2005 - 2018 by STCGSERVIES.COM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMA Flat Track
AMA flat track series at Hagerstown Speedway this Saturday, August 7th. Anyone going?? I am heading over there with my neighbor and his son.

Burt Q
Hey Burt,

Wish I could go...  Any other details in case anyone wants to head over?

- Steve -
(08-06-2010, 03:09 AM)Winslow link Wrote: Hey Burt,

Wish I could go...  Any other details in case anyone wants to head over?

- Steve -
Saturday August 7 is the AMA Grand National Motorcycles Hub City Classic. Spectator Gates open at 4pm, qualifying 6pm, racing 8:30pm. General Admission $30, Reserved Seat $35, Kids under 12 free General Admission..

Hagerstown Speedway is located about 6 miles west of Hagerstown, MD on route 40.

Burt Q

Ok, guys and gals, I made it to the AMA flat track nationals at Hagerstown Speedway last weekend. All I can say is, If you like close, exciting dirt track racing, this is the real deal!!! Literally, shoulder to shoulder racing. The riders must have been touching each other at times the bikes were so close. There were probably 70 or so bikes in two classes. The Pro singles, 450 ccs and the Expert Pro twins. The 450s were all metric brands and the twins were almost all Harleys with a couple of Kawasakis, Honda, Suzuki and a poor lone Ducati thrown in for good measure. Full house of fans on hand for the show.

The 450s were turning in times almost the same as the twins. I suppose on the miles there would be a big difference between the classes. If you want to know more about flat track racing, go the AMA racing web site.

The Pro Singles Main Event was won by Jeffey Carver, Jr. on a Yamaha.
The Expert Twin Main event was won by Joe Kopp on an H-D.

This was the first time I have seen the flat trackers since they used to race at Harrington some years ago. I have been wanting to get to Hagerstown to see them for a couple of years. From now on, I will make this one of my yearly must do events.

abrox, years ago I got to go to the Harley Races in Daytona.  That is awesome!  If you ever make it down there, make sure you check it out...  Its the last Sunday of Bikeweek (or at least used to be).
I saw Joe Kopp on American Thunder one night...looked like he was pretty good...
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"
Joe's dad use to race also.
Vietnam Vets M/C
Maryland