© 2005 - 2018 by STCGSERVIES.COM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2010 Riding Season
The snow has melted, warmer temperatures are here, if it ever stops raining the roads will be filled with motorcycles. I wanted to just take a second and post a word about safety. We all love riding and somewhere in the back of our minds we know there is a risk that everytime we throw a leg over there is a chance the get off may not be as pleasant as the get on. No doubt about it riding a motorcycle is very risky, and frankly few who ride really understand just how risky it is. If you look at the numbers regarding motorcycle wrecks it should cause us all to pause and think at least. We represent less then 2% of the registered vehicles, yet we account for 14% of the accidents. The latest data compiled by the NHTSA reflects, during 2008 there were 5,290 people killed and near 100,000 injured while riding. Your about 8 times more likely per mile ridden to be involved in a wreck on a motorcycle versus driving a car.

I don't write this to try and preach or scare anyone, but rather just a reminder to all there is a deadly side to this hobby we all love so much. As we begin the new riding season, our riding skills have surly become rusty, take it easy out there be aware, and watch out for yourself, no one else is.

Ride safe
Jerry
Rider Coach/Motorcycle Safety Instructor
Words of wisdom...be safe ya all!!!
"Wind in my face...Two fists in the air...Not a care in the world!!!"
Amen.
No doubt!  Gotta take err easy peeps!  The newer you are to riding, the more carefull you should be.  Always drive defensively, the cages are out there and all it takes in a moments lapse in attention on someone else's part to put you in a world of hurt.  Last summer, two good friends, Country Angel and IMXSailor, were seriously injured when someone in a pickup truck didnt see a red light, or them, or...  Who knows?  The point is...  He wasnt paying attention and two good freinds had to pay the price.

Be carefull out there!

- Steve -